TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Thank you for visiting the Public Authority for Electricity and Water Website. By accessing the Site, you accept these terms and conditions without limitation.
- The content of the Site is provided AS IS AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY and FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- You agree to hold harmless and indemnify the Public Authority for Electricity and Water, its employees from and against any damages based on your use of content of this Site.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES - DISCLAIMER
The Public Authority for Electricity and Water, do not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information published by any listed sites, and do not endorse any content, viewpoint, product, or service of a linked site. The Public Authority for Electricity and Water, is not liable for any losses caused by reliance on the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of information of a linked site. Any person that relies on any information obtained from the linked site does so at his or her own risk.
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways
- To personalize your experience – Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our website – We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service – Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To notify you in the case of an emergency - In the event of a water outage or other emergency, citizens will need to be notified.
- We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, or protect ours or others rights, properly, or safely.
- The information we automatically collect or store may be used to improve the content of our web services and to help us understand how people are using our services.
- To process transactions – We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating the Site, conducting our business, or serving you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may analyze our Site logs to continually improve the value of the materials available on our Site. Our website logs are not personally identifiable, and we make no attempt to link them with the individuals that browse the Site.
If during your visit to this Site, you participate in a survey, send an email, fill out a feedback form, or subscribe to a newsletter or RSS feed, the following additional information will be collected
- Surveys: Any information you volunteered in response to a survey including any personal identificationcontact information provided;
- Email correspondence: The email address, contents of the e-mail and any personal identificationcontact information you provide;
- Feedback Forms: All comments you have provided and any personal identificationcontact information you have also provided;
- Newsletter/RSS feed: email (required), first name and last name (optional), and time stamp.
We use your email address to respond appropriately. This may be to respond to you, to address issues you identify, to further improve our Site, or to forward the email to another agency for appropriate action. Survey information is used for the purpose designated.
The Public Authority for Electricity and Water will take reasonable precautions to maintain the security, confidentiality, and integrity of the information it collects at the Site including, but not limited to, authentication, monitoring, and auditing. Security measures have been integrated into the design, implementation and day-to-day practices of the entire Site. However, this is no guarantee of confidentiality.
A cookie is a small text file created by a web server and stored on your computer hard drive. Cookies save unique information that the web server can access while you are browsing the Site. Typically, cookies save information such as your site preferences, the date you last looked at a specific page, or a random number used to identify your particular web session. Cookies help us measure how many visitors come to our Site and how many of these visitors are new or returning.
Cookies placed on your computer by our web management tools are written so they can only be used by our web tools, and they only retrieve specific information. We do not gather information from you, from other cookie files, or access any other information on your computer. Most web browsers allow you to deny or accept the cookie feature (refer to your browser's help function for details).
ACCESS AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can review any personal information the Public Authority for Electricity and Water website collects about you. You may recommend changes to your personal information you believe in error by submitting a written request that credibly shows the error. If you believe that your personal information is being used for a purpose other than what was intended when submitted, you may contact us. In all cases, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making correction. See Contact Information section.
APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
The law applicable to these Conditions of Use of Web Site is the law of the Sultanate of Oman and the courts of the Sultanate of Oman will have exclusive jurisdiction in case of any dispute.
CHANGES TO THE POLICY
The Authority has the right to change the terms of this Policy at any time on a going forward basis. The most recent version of the Policy can always be found at httpwww.paew.gov.om.