Diam - The Public Authority for Water works towards international standards regarding Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Management.
Quality Health Safety and Environment
Diam is committed to ensuring the protection of its workforce, contractors and our customers while providing our customers with high quality water services.
Our Success indicators are:
- Zero harm to anyone as a result of our activities
- Zero injuries or incidents of occupational ill health reported
- Zero days lost as a result of workplace incidents
Our objectives regarding HSE are to:
- Comply with the laws of the Sultanate of Oman and internal standards under MD 286 & RD 114;
- Protect the health and safety of our staff and others affected by our operations;
- Commit to minimising the environmental impacts of our activities and prevent pollution;
- Achieve efficient use of materials and energy;
- Create a culture in which Diam and contractor staff are encouraged to share our commitment to HSE at work and at home;
- Play a leading role in promoting best HSE practice within in the Sultanate of Oman and be recognized as a good corporate citizen;
- Report all Health, Safety and Environmental Incidents, Accidents and Near Misses Effectively to the Business and others where necessary.
In order to achieve our objectives we will:
- Empower employees to start work ONLY when conditions are safe and to stop when unsafe;
- Establish objectives and targets; measure, appraise and report HSE performance;
- Require contractors to manage HSE in line with this policy;
- Include HSE performance in the appraisal of all employees and reward accordingly.
The Health, Safety and Environment department is fully involved in the development of the Management System in order to continuously improve Diam’s activities and services that are provided to customers.
Quality Management System (QMS)
The Public Authority for Water (Diam) has developed a Quality Management System (QMS) for water activities and related processes in accordance with the international standard ISO 9001:2015.
Diam's Quality Management System is a set of interacting elements to direct and control the organization with regard to Quality. These elements are, for instance, Strategies, Manuals, Policies, Processes, Procedures, Audits, Dashboards, etc.
The Quality Management System strives toward three mains goals:
- To satisfy customer & other interested parties expectations by meeting their requirements and creating value.
- To enhance customer & other interested parties satisfaction.
- To continually improve the overall performance in pursuit of the organization objectives.
As Diam's QMS encompasses Environment Health & Safety, it forms a comprehensive Integrated Management System QHSE.